Lisette Root resides with her husband in Omak, Washington, in the foothills of the mighty Cascade Mountains. Her days are filled with artwork, home making, and caring for the many formerly homeless animals that she and her husband have rescued over the years. While living in Alaska for many years, she and her family had many exciting adventures mining for gold. Most of the time she home schooled their two daughters, Bonnie and Silver, and they had plenty of time to try new arts and crafts together. They took their animal family of wolves and cats with them on their adventures , which was actually an adventure in itself! Now, her home base is Malott Washington, and there will be lots more adventures to come!


Well, here we are just 2 weeks and a few days from winter solstice! Almost through the tunnel! It's a bit chilly here tonight, but the next few days will be brutal. Even the coast will be really cold. We have no snow on the ground, which is worrysome when thinking about the plants and the pipes, and of course all my outdoor animal family. This afternoon I took a big pile of saved craft paper, and put it in the bunnies hutch, they were very pleased and started shredding it right up. I take hot water several times a day to the critters when it is cold like this. The horse has been getting an extra measure of grain in the evening, the kitties get people tuna fish mixed with their food, just a few bites alongside their dry food each day. I don't give them fish in the summer though, because the bees go after it so much. The bees also go after the dry food, and also to the water, that means I  must check the water even more in the summer! Brian Williams just came on, so I'm going to watch the news, but Ill be back! Saturday morning has been warmer than predicted, but it is still pretty chilly. A nice big cup of tea, and I am good to go! On todays agenda is creating some aluminum wire worked clasps, and starting a new crazy quilt large panel, which I may sell for an aspiring crazy quilter to embellish, a plug and play sort of thing:) I recieved my newest order from my favorite fancy fabric supplier yesterday, and I really enjoyed adding it in to my stash! It is like eyeball candy playing with my fancy fabrics! Well, my new shop on ETSY is open for buisness, and had its first showcase on the Storque Main showcase. I have another showcase on Storque Main Monday December 7th for my MelangeByLisette shop and another Storque Main showcase for LowTek on the 11th of December. ETSY is growing by leaps and bounds, and I am studying as hard and often as I can to learn how to promote my work. I really need my own studio, and I hope this year is the year for that dream to come true. My beautiful model Lucy is living in the corner of my bedroom, but she really needs to be suspended from above. That is how I designed her. I can't recall if I have posted a picture of Lucy and Lillith, so I am going to do that right now:) Have a great weekend everyone! Good day from up the Chiliwist, Lisette

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Little About Me

Welcome to MelangeByLisette, I hope you find something interesting within... I love all forms of Art, and I have a great desire to try my hand at whatever captures my interest. I do not believe in mediocrity, or carelessness. When I create something myself, or when I am drawn to other artists works, I want to see a small piece of that persons soul in their work. I want to be able to feel and see the time of creation it took to bring forth a piece of art (any kind of art). After all, to me, this is what brings meaning to my life. The time it took to create a thing is non refundable, but extremely valuable. To love and to be loved, and to share that love with others, with art, for instance, is why I want to wake each morning. I truly love our planet Earth, and when I use her resources, it matters how I do so. I will always strive to do no harm. I am of course drawn to others who share this philosophy, and I seek them out if possible. In this last year, I needed to learn to use a computer to share my artwork. I don't drive, and I am a bit of a happy hermit, and I knew nothing whatsoever about computers and I would have been lost without the loving and extremely patient help from my sister Laura, who helped me every step of the way, thank you sister! I honestly did not believe I could do it, but here I am! My store is located on ETSY, and it is simply amazing, and I feel comfortable and happy there, and I feel privileged to be a very small part of it. I try to reuse, repurpose, and recycle whenever I can. I am always experimenting to that end. I am happy to share ideas whenever possible, and am open to creating special request items. What an amazing thing to be in touch with so many artists, tradesmen, and the whole wide world! Wow! I hope you enjoy my blog and my shop, which will have new works as often as possible. Sincerely, Lisette

MelangeByLisette

My First Etsy Shop

LowTek

My Second Etsy Shop

My Blog List

Followers

My Etsy Favorites