Lisette Root resides with her husband in Omak, Washington, in the foothills of the mighty Cascade Mountains. Her days are filled with artwork, home making, and caring for the many formerly homeless animals that she and her husband have rescued over the years. While living in Alaska for many years, she and her family had many exciting adventures mining for gold. Most of the time she home schooled their two daughters, Bonnie and Silver, and they had plenty of time to try new arts and crafts together. They took their animal family of wolves and cats with them on their adventures , which was actually an adventure in itself! Now, her home base is Malott Washington, and there will be lots more adventures to come!


      Hello from beautiful (and dry) O'Brien Oregon! We have another wildfire nearby, about 4 miles away, and I do hope they have it out tomorrow. We had a fire about 2 weeks ago about a mile from here, and it was really scary, and it was windy too. It has been a long time since we had rain, I hope we get some soon. We aren't in a drought like the south in Texas and Louisiana, or in floods like so many others, so I feel blessed. I have been hauling buckets of water in my wagon to water the garden as the springs have slowed way down, but it is worth the effort because I have a large garden and I do not want anything to go to waste! Great exercise too,lol! I have been incredibly busy with several large projects, and I have been working to expand my knowledge online so I can follow my dreams:) I have found so many new interests and friends online, it is quite staggering really! I am going to take some tutorials on the Printroom site, a wonderful online place to sell your photographs and other related items, thank you Laura (my sister) for steering me in the right direction! She has been my teacher and my rock with all things computer, and she is truly a gifted teacher:) I have begun my next (third) large beading project, which is becoming clear now in my mind. It will be an Amazon Rainforest piece, with an Azure Poison Dart Frog focal piece. My Facebook friend Christy Beale is a spectacular photographer who has graciously allowed me the use of her photos for my work, Thank You again Christy! I have finished one, no two large pieces with the knowledge shared by some very wonderful bead artists books, Jamie Cloud Eakin has a book called Beading with Cabachons with wonderful detailed directions on so many techniques, and Sherry Serifini has an amazing book out called Sensational Bead Embroidery which has filled in the gaps in structural knowledge. Both of them have new books coming out any minute, I can barely wait! I have discovered Heidi Kummli's beadwork too, and she feels like someone I already know, one of those strange Deja Vu feelings, her work touches my soul:) I am going to be very busy for a long long time, I can tell you that, lol! I need to capture the end of summer's dragonflies with my camera, they have been such an inspiration for my beadwork, and I just love everything about them:) I am posting completed beadwork and a dragon or two for your pleasure, goodnight from lovely Southern Oregon, Lisette

0 comments:

Post a Comment

A Little About Me

Welcome to MelangeByLisette, I hope you find something interesting within... I love all forms of Art, and I have a great desire to try my hand at whatever captures my interest. I do not believe in mediocrity, or carelessness. When I create something myself, or when I am drawn to other artists works, I want to see a small piece of that persons soul in their work. I want to be able to feel and see the time of creation it took to bring forth a piece of art (any kind of art). After all, to me, this is what brings meaning to my life. The time it took to create a thing is non refundable, but extremely valuable. To love and to be loved, and to share that love with others, with art, for instance, is why I want to wake each morning. I truly love our planet Earth, and when I use her resources, it matters how I do so. I will always strive to do no harm. I am of course drawn to others who share this philosophy, and I seek them out if possible. In this last year, I needed to learn to use a computer to share my artwork. I don't drive, and I am a bit of a happy hermit, and I knew nothing whatsoever about computers and I would have been lost without the loving and extremely patient help from my sister Laura, who helped me every step of the way, thank you sister! I honestly did not believe I could do it, but here I am! My store is located on ETSY, and it is simply amazing, and I feel comfortable and happy there, and I feel privileged to be a very small part of it. I try to reuse, repurpose, and recycle whenever I can. I am always experimenting to that end. I am happy to share ideas whenever possible, and am open to creating special request items. What an amazing thing to be in touch with so many artists, tradesmen, and the whole wide world! Wow! I hope you enjoy my blog and my shop, which will have new works as often as possible. Sincerely, Lisette

MelangeByLisette

My First Etsy Shop

LowTek

My Second Etsy Shop

My Blog List

Followers

My Etsy Favorites